So many people think you need to rich or wealthy in order to help people… However, I am here to prove to you that you do not have to be rich to help others now… Don’t you know you are more than what your bank account does or does not have in it? Don’t you know you have been bestowed many gifts that can help people and are not determined by how much money you make or do not make? So many people say, “When I get rich, I am going to help the poor, homeless, widowed, children, etc…” Do you not know that your days are numbered? Do you not get that you are not promised tomorrow? What if, you never become rich? Does that mean you will never help others? If so, then your whole life would be wasted.
Our Saviour came here to show us how to live the fullest most rewarding life ever. He was not rich, he was not considered handsome and many even loathed him. Did he let the fact that the majority of world was against him and that he was poor stop him from helping others? Absolutely not!
So what is stopping you? The money excuse is no longer valid… So I will say it again… What is stopping you from helping others?
Be honest with yourself, now lets take that excuse and throw it in the garbage where it belongs
Here are just a few ways you can help others regardless of what is in your pocketbook:
- Go through your belongings at least 3-4 times a year. What can you give away to those in need (clothing, blankets, food, toys, etc.). Not only will this help you unclutter your home, you can help others in the process.
- Access your skills and knowledge and use them for good.
- Teach someone how to read.
- Help them create a resume.
- Teach them how to apply for jobs online.
- Love to cook? Then cook them a hot meal. It can be as simple/affordable as beans and rice (hearty & healthy).
- Sew sleeping bags for the homeless (no prior sewing skills required):
- Do you enjoy baking? Create a bake sale to raise money for a cause.
- Share your tips and knowledge online via social media, blogging and videos. You would be amazed at how many people you can help and reach
- Do you love the Scriptures? Why not share them with others whether your neighbor, family, the homeless, those in prison, etc.?
- Do you have other skills? Donate them to help an organization or someone in need. e.g. I’ve donated my graphic design skills. It does not matter whether you are a teacher, nurse, doctor, lawyer, homemaker, reporter, entrepreneur, engineer, seamstress, construction worker, therapist, plumber, etc. You have skills that can help others now.
I could go on and on… I am sure there is something else I have missed, however… I hope you got the point 😉 Which is that YOU already have all the tools, money and skills you need to help others now!
So the question is, what are you going to do to help others? If you are already helping people out, what do you do to help? If you have an awesome idea on how to help others out regardless of income, then share it below. Share all your comments and questions below! I look forward to hearing all about them
ShalomAH & blessings to you all!
‘I will bless the YaHuWaH at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.’ ~TehaleYAim (Psalms) 34:1
‘Test all things and hold firmly that which is good.’ ~1 ThessalonikiAH (Thessalonians) 5:21
Latest posts by Jamie Pelaez (see all)
- Refuse To Allow The Signs of The Times To Get You Down - November 17, 2015
- The Love Of Money Misconception - September 23, 2013
- Why I Am Choosing To Not Write About The Memorial of 9/11 - September 11, 2013