Last weekend I was at Whole Foods preparing to save at least 70%. Which I did manage to get the 70%!
The trip was pretty close to a disaster though. The problem with online coupon matchups sites is if the person does not live in your exact area, sometimes the prices can be a bit off. This often happens with Whole Foods. Unfortunately, there are no Raleigh area coupon matchups for Whole Foods that post on a weekly basis (I’m about to move or I would gladly do this myself to help others too). This means sometimes I have the right prices planned out and sometimes my bottom line is going to be more than planned.
This was one of those times last week where it was more, so much more that most of the deals were no longer considered deals to me (which means I was not getting them). This meant I had to totally revamp my trip on the fly. I drove 45 minutes, there was no way I was walking out of that store with one thing. So I told Jaya that we would have to do some calculating and checking around to see what kind of deals we could pull out of this trip, since my prior planning went down the drain. I also told her to be patient with me, which for the most part she was.
We use to go to Whole Foods 1x a month, use a few coupons, shop the sales and always sent $75-$125. We usually filled the cart like we did on this one too, but we paid a whole lot more! Now we go 2x a month and usually spend less than $10. This trip was the most we’ve paid in a while there, but we also got the most since we started really couponing to save money.
Here is how our hard work paid off…
My favorite part about shopping at Whole Foods is they allow me to stack one of their coupons with a manufacture’s coupon AND they almost always will have a sale or two before their coupons expire. The above picture was a combination of shopping at PetSmart, Whole Foods, GNC & Harris Teeter, though most was from WF!
We paid: $58.54
We saved: $138.40 (70%)
While in the check out line, some ladies right behind the couple that was next in line asked where I got all those coupons from. After all I had a fat stack of 78! I told her mostly from whole foods and online places to print coupons. This is true, since our recycling bin rummaging is either illegal to do, impossible to do or provides very little fruit for the effort & drive, we have been living off of mostly printable the past several months. Those in areas that can truly recycle bin rummage, you are truly blessed & I really mean that!
I ended up giving the woman who was asking about couponing my phone number, however I did not get a chance to call her back yet.
I have been super busy between taking care of Jaya, studing scriptures, cleaning, packing, sorting, taking care of clients and remembering to eat & sleep between it all!
So, for this awesome lady with the gumption to not be afraid to ask questions and for all those who have been wondering how I have been saving an average 70-100% on my groceries, personal care, cleaning supplies & more… This post is for you!
Whole Foods Couponing Tips
- Get 12 copies of The Whole Deal (usually located at the entrance of the store & sometimes near customer service) and save them. 12 is usually the amount you will need to get a 10% case discount.
- Also ignore what the cover says e.g. August, most would throw away on 8/31, however that would be a sad mistake as the coupons in this are still good until 9/31!
- Stack WF coupon with a manufacture’s coupon and pair with a sale for triple savings!
- Pay attention in the store as sometimes there will be coupons on or near products.
Top 10 Best Places to Find Printable Coupons
- Smart Source
- Whole Foods
- Mambo Sprouts
- Common Kindness
- Recyclebank (I have easily earned some high value natural & organic coupons here, love it!)
- Red Plum
- Coupon Network
- Saving Free Coupons
* Note several of these resources provide all natural & organic coupons exclusively. The others you will find a variety including healthy coupons.
Tips on Printable Coupons
- Know your limits, most sites will allow you to print 2 per computer.
- If it is a PDF or asks how many you want to print, you can print more.
- Always read the fine print, so you know if their are any restrictions.
- Know which stores let you stack their store coupons with a manufacture’s coupon.
- Check your favorite brand’s/store’s Facebook page & website for more coupons & signup to get future promos.
Tomorrow, I will post some straightforward couponing tips to maximize your savings & time!
‘I will bless the YaHuWaH at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.’ ~TehaleYAim (Psalms) 34:1
‘Test all things and hold firmly that which is good.’ ~1 ThessalonikiAH (Thessalonians) 5:21
P.S. Once we are moved into our new place I will be posting many more tips for you to be a Faithful Provider for your household while depending on the most Faithful of all! I am debating whether to keep everything housed in one blog or if I will create a separate blog… More on that another day!
Latest posts by Jamie Pelaez (see all)
- Refuse To Allow The Signs of The Times To Get You Down - November 17, 2015
- The Love Of Money Misconception - September 23, 2013
- Why I Am Choosing To Not Write About The Memorial of 9/11 - September 11, 2013