It has also allowed me to give out one number which can call up to 5 other numbers (follow me system). It has been extremely useful to say the least. Though it is far from perfect.
I really wish when they took over GrandCentral that they would have kept the interface and all the same tools, it was sooo much better than.
So what did I learn new today?
1. You cannot add the same number to more than one Google Voice account. This is a real bummer as I have one setup for personal and another for the new business my partner @LarryRivera and I are creating.
Apparently they use to let you do this but no longer. Why they take away the good features is beyond me!
2. I learned that you can conference with up to 3 other people and record it. This is great for when you need to have a small business conference or don’t have 3-way calling enabled on your home phone.
See how to easily use Google Voice’s Conference Call here:
If you ever need to do a teleconference for more people say 250+ for free… Then I suggest another gem I have been using since 2008 too (good year for finding valuable free tools for me apparently, lol) which is www.TalkShoe.com.
If you ever want to know a tool that is either insanely cheap or free yet still works totally great, then just ask me… Chances are I already know a solution or can find one for you. I love researching and saving $$$.
Teach your phone new tricks
Google Voice enhances the existing capabilities of your phone, regardless of which phone or carrier you have – for free. It also gives you:
Use a single number that rings you anywhere.
Get transcribed messages delivered to your inbox.
Free calls & text messages to the U.S. & Canada.
Super low rates everywhere else.
Latest posts by Jamie Pelaez (see all)
- Refuse To Allow The Signs of The Times To Get You Down - November 17, 2015
- The Love Of Money Misconception - September 23, 2013
- Why I Am Choosing To Not Write About The Memorial of 9/11 - September 11, 2013